- Work closely with the Sets&Props Modeling Supervisor to create sets and props adapted to the ongoing productions.
- Accurately interpret concept art and design from the Art Department, keeping the appeal and the essence of the concept.
- To modelize sets and props while answering the requests from other departments: Rigging, Layout, Surfacing, Animation.
JOBS > OFFER
About the job
- A good understanding of 3D computer graphics theory and a thorough knowledge of Maya.
- A strong understanding of volumes, shapes, structures, and physical movements.
- Highly rigorous profile (nomenclature, organization, deadline compliance).
- Ability to quickly master custom in-house production tools (assets library, assets management, reference browser).
Nice to have
- Previous experience in animation, visual effects and/or game production in sets&props modeling.
- Knowledge of Zbrush, Houdini, SpeedTree or Low Polygonal Modeling.
- In your showreel, we would like you to include wireframes, turnovers and breakdown with examples of references/ 2D concepts and their 3D version.
- French and/or English fluency is required.
- Ability to work independently and within a team, to prioritize tasks and to meet tight deadlines.
- Available or willing to relocate to Paris (remote work unavailable).
- We favor European Union citizens or candidates with French work permit. We will not be able to obtain a visa for this position.
Illumination Mac Guff is the leading studio for animated films in Europe. Based in Paris, the studio is known for its blockbusters such as the franchise “Despicable Me”, “Minions”, “The Secret Life of Pets” and “Sing” – all produced by Illumination Entertainment for Universal Pictures.