- The lighting artist works in pairs with the compositing artist, and also within a team with a lead and a supervisor.
- Transcribe and interpret artistic requests in a technical environment.
- Work with visual references (photography, concept art, etc…) and implement them in a simple and efficient manner.
JOBS > OFFER
About the job
- Proficiency in different ray tracing rendering softwares (ex: Renderman, Arnold, Vray, etc…).
- Ability to quickly master custom in-house production tools.
- Artistic culture (photography, pictorial, cinematography).
Nice to have
- Professionnal experience on animated films.
- Experience in shading.
- Knowledge of Nuke.
- Knowledge of Python.
- Knowledge of optics science.
- French and/or English fluency is required.
- Good communication skills and ability to take notes and directions.
- Ability to work within a team, prioritize tasks and meet tight deadlines.
- Available or willing to relocate to Paris (remote work unavailable).
- We favor European Union citizens or candidates with French work permit. We will not be able to obtain a visa for this position.
Illumination Mac Guff is the leading studio for animated films in Europe. Based in Paris, the studio is known for its blockbusters such as the franchise “Despicable Me”, “Minions”, “The Secret Life of Pets” and “Sing” – all produced by Illumination Entertainment for Universal Pictures.