- Design visuals for posters, products packaging, magazine covers, shop signs, user interface designs (control rooms, dashboards, etc…) that appear in the sets of animated feature films currently in production.
- Harmonize drawing, typography and color within the design to create a ready-to-use image.
- Think creatively and propose funny, striking and original concepts, graphics and layouts, to enrich the visual content of the film while remaining faithful to the artistic spirit of the film.
- Adapt to the period of the films, whether it is old or modern designs.
- Work closely with Art Director and Directors
JOBS > OFFER
Graphic & Motion designer
Graphic & Motion designer
About the job
- Strong artistic skills in design, drawing, painting, perspective and composition.
- Advanced software skills in Photoshop.
- In-depth knowledge of typography, characters’ anatomy and color science is required.
Nice to have
- Knowledge of basic animation and visual effects using After Effects.
- Knowledge of Illustrator.
- Background in art history.
- French and/or English fluency is required.
- Good communication skills and ability to take notes and directions.
- Ability to work within a team, prioritize tasks and meet tight deadlines.
- Remote work is possible in the long term, but the position has to be filled primarly in Paris.
- We favor European Union citizens or candidates with French work permit. The process of obtaining a visa being so complex and timeconsuming, only foreign candidates with a significative experience will be considered, for a selection of senior jobs.
Illumination Mac Guff, founded by Chris Meledandri in 2011, is one of the entertainment industry’s leading producers of event-animated films, including Despicable Me—the most successful animated franchise in cinematic history—as well as Dr. Seuss’ The Lorax, Dr. Seuss’ The Grinch and The Secret Life of Pets and Sing films. Illumination’s soon-to-be released The Super Mario Bros. Movie will join a studio library that includes two of the top 10 animated films of all time. Illumination’s iconic, beloved franchises—infused with memorable and distinct characters, global appeal and cultural relevance—have grossed more than $8 billion worldwide. Illumination has an exclusive financing and distribution partnership with Universal Pictures. Illumination’s upcoming films in 2023 include The Super Mario Bros. Movie and Migration.
Illumination Mac Guff is based in Paris and the Producer Illumination is located in Santa Monica
Published on 14 December 2022