- Design visuals for posters, products packaging, magazine covers, shop signs, user interface designs (control rooms, dashboards, etc…) that appear in the sets of animated feature films currently in production.
- Harmonize drawing, typography and color within the design to create a ready-to-use image.
- Think creatively and propose funny, striking and original concepts, graphics and layouts, to enrich the visual content of the film while remaining faithful to the artistic spirit of the film.
- Adapt to the period of the films, whether it is old or modern designs.
- Work closely with Art Director and Directors
JOBS > OFFER
About the job
- Strong artistic skills in design, drawing, painting, perspective and composition.
- Advanced software skills in Photoshop.
- In-depth knowledge of typography, characters’ anatomy and color science is required.
Nice to have
- Knowledge of basic animation and visual effects using After Effects.
- Knowledge of Illustrator.
- Background in art history.
- French and/or English fluency is required.
- Good communication skills and ability to take notes and directions.
- Ability to work within a team, prioritize tasks and meet tight deadlines.
- Remote work is possible in the long term, but the position has to be filled primarly in Paris.
- We favor European Union citizens or candidates with French work permit. The process of obtaining a visa being so complex and timeconsuming, only foreign candidates with a significative experience will be considered, for a selection of senior jobs.
Illumination Mac Guff is the leading studio for animated films in Europe. Based in Paris, the studio is known for its blockbusters such as the franchise “Despicable Me”, “Minions”, “The Secret Life of Pets” and “Sing” – all produced by Illumination Entertainment for Universal Pictures.