About the job
- Responsible for effects works in Houdini and Maya.
- Create either stylized or photorealistic effects based on the concept art.
- Accurately interpret concept art and designs from the Art Department.
- Work in partnership with effects specialists to ensure that shots are delivered to the highest possible standard.
- A thorough understanding of Houdini and Maya
- Previous experience creating FX elements and working with fluid & particle dynamics
- Ability to quickly master custom in-house production tools
Nice to have
- Basic knowledge of lighting and compositing (Nuke)
- Basic knowledge of Python, Mel and Hscript
- Feature film experience
- French and/or English fluency is required
- Good communication skills and ability to take notes and directions.
- Ability to work within a team, prioritize tasks and meet tight deadlines.
- Available or willing to relocate to Paris (remote work unavailable).
- We favor European Union citizens or candidates with French work permit. The process of obtaining a visa being so complex and timeconsuming, only foreign candidates with a significative experience will be considered, for a selection of senior jobs.
Illumination Mac Guff is the leading studio for animated films in Europe. Based in Paris, the studio is known for its blockbusters such as the franchise “Despicable Me”, “Minions”, “The Secret Life of Pets” and “Sing” – all produced by Illumination Entertainment for Universal Pictures.