About the job
- The compositing artist works in pairs with the lighting artist, and also within a team with a lead and a supervisor.
- Transcribe and interpret artistic requests in a technical environment.
- Sublimate the lighting by building on visual references (photography, concept art, etc…) to achieve a cinematographic look (grading, effects, etc…).
- Thorough understanding of Nuke, its 3D environment and tools.
- Thorough knowledge of 3D related issues (aliasing, granurality, etc…).
- Understanding of color and colorimetric management.
- Technical knowledge of photography.
Nice to have
- Professionnal experience on animated films.
- Experience in lighting.
- Knowledge of Python and TCL.
- Knowledge of optics science.
- Knowledge of deep compositing.
- French and/or English fluency is required
- Strong communication skills and ability to take notes and direction
- Ability to work within a team, prioritize tasks and meet tight deadlines
- Onsite work and remote work available .
- We favor European Union citizens or candidates with French work permit. We will not be able to obtain a visa for this position.
Illumination Mac Guff is the leading studio for animated films in Europe. Based in Paris, the studio is known for its blockbusters such as the franchise “Despicable Me”, “Minions”, “The Secret Life of Pets” and “Sing” – all produced by Illumination Entertainment for Universal Pictures.