About the job
Grooming hair & fur, feathers and organic character elements using a proprietary software and Maya for NURBS modeling.
- In-depth knowledge of Maya.
- A good understanding of 3D computer graphics theory.
- Ability to quickly master in-house production tools.
- An artistic eye for styling and grooming.
Nice to have
- Previous experience in animation, visual effects and/or video game production in hair&fur or modeling departments. We will accept junior artists if their demoreel shows work with excellent technical and artistic skills.
- Experience in cartoon character grooming.
- French and/or English fluency is required.
- Ability to work independently and within a team, to prioritize tasks and meet tight deadlines.
- Available or willing to relocate to Paris (remote work unavailable).
- We favor European Union citizens or candidates with French work permit. We will not be able to obtain a visa for this position.
Illumination Mac Guff is the leading studio for animated films in Europe. Based in Paris, the studio is known for its blockbusters such as the franchise “Despicable Me”, “Minions”, “The Secret Life of Pets” and “Sing” – all produced by Illumination Entertainment for Universal Pictures.