Description du poste
This role, named “cost-tracking” at Illumination Mac Guff, assumes several missions within the studio: Production data analysis; Decision support; Management control and acts as a reference for production tools.
Acting as a synapse, cost-tracking relays information between the French and American branches, which work together on films in production. He/she ensures the follow-up and the budget management in collaboration with the production management. He/she is also responsible for setting the pace of the film for the other departments to ensure a balance between expenses and the progress of the production.
The cost-tracker also acts as a management controller and develops Excel tools (via VBA) available to the finance and production departments.
1. Tracking and presentation of feature film costs
- Forecasted deployments of personnel and expenses
- Simulation of needs and calculation of budget additions
- Participation in decision-making meetings with French and American management
2. Analysis of the film’s production
- Via Excel & Shotgun (production tracking and department management software)
- Progress, productivity, keeping dashboards
- Conditions of respect of budget and deadline constraints
3. Payroll preparation (Via Excel & Shotgun)
- Reconciliations with French and American accounting
- Management of working hours
4. Development of management tools
- Weekly reports for production
- Manufacturing follow-up for production managers
- Monitoring and forecasting of staffing levels
- Help in the design or improvement of tools dedicated to accounting
Excellent knowledge of Excel (logical & matrix formulas, conditional formatting, pivot tables)
Programming of Visual Basic macros desired
Fluency in English
Reactivity, creativity, motivation
Strong interest in animation, computer graphics and cinema
PROFILE OF THE CANDIDATE
3 to 5 years of higher education, such as engineering or business school, or a master’s degree in mathematics and financial analysis
End-of-study internship or job (fixed-term contracts)
HOW DO WE KEEP YOU SMILING?
Our team develops and brings these stories to life, exploring universal truths through a visual and comedic expression that invites our audiences to discover ideas, experiences, and emotions in ways never before imagined. We serve the story and our characters.
Entrepreneurial in spirit, sophisticated in design, kind in our approach, we aspire for excellence and seek talent who have a passion for driving creativity no matter the role they hold.
- Family and friend screening, social event and additional benefits to keep you smiling
- The opportunity to work with diverse team, in a truly international environment
- Office in central Paris, Work from home policy
- Internal mobility opportunities, “give your chance” culture
YOUR JOURNEY WITH US
Initially, when your application is selected, you will receive an introduction call to explain the main points in terms of this position, and to have a chance to showcase your motivation. If successful, you will have the next step with our Hiring Manager and an interview with our 2 co-presidents and one more key stakeholder within the studio.
We will always give you chances to add anything to your application in terms of video, message, additional information or any remaining questions before making the final decision (which will be based on your overall performance during the process)
As a final step, hopefully we can deliver some good news and greet you as our new colleague!
Illumination was founded with the goal of infusing Joy & Discovery into every character and putting smiles on the faces of every person in our global audience. Our team develops and brings these stories to life, exploring universal truths through a visual and comedic expression that invites our audiences to discover ideas, experiences, and emotions in ways never before imagined. We serve the story and our characters. Entrepreneurial in spirit, sophisticated in design, kind in our approach, we aspire for excellence and seek talent who have a passion for driving creativity no matter the role they hold.
Illumination Mac Guff est un des leaders mondiaux dans les films d’animation 3D. Basé à Paris, le studio est connu pour ses succès tels que la franchise “Moi, Moche et Méchant”, “Les Minions”, “Comme des Bêtes” et “Tous en scène”, tous produits par Illumination Entertainment pour Universal Pictures.