About the job
- Technical ambassador specially dedicated to production management issues in the production of a 3D animation film, the Production Technical Director develops tools for visualization/extraction of data, triggering of scripts, etc. Our system is based on a web service system and Shotgun for tracking each film. TD speaks daily with supervisors and producers. TD Production also supports all tools developed in-house (web tools and asset manager).
This year, we are working on a redesign of our software, which promises a lot of new features and explorations on future development work.
- Bachelor’s degree or 1 to 2 years of work experience
- Good knowledge of programming in general
- Good knowledge of Python (2.7 and 3)
- Knowledge of frontend and backend programming (react, node.js, graphQL…)
- Knowledge of databases (SQL and NoSQL)
- Ability to quickly manage the production tools developed in-house
Nice to have
- Knowledge of LINUX
- Knowledge of git
- French and conversational English knowledge is required
- Ability to work within a team, prioritize tasks and meet tight deadlines. Must also be autonomous and pragmatic.
- Must communicate well and be able to take notes and direction
- Available or willing to relocate to Paris (remote work unavailable)
Illumination Mac Guff is the leading studio for animated films in Europe. Based in Paris, the studio is known for its blockbusters such as the franchise “Despicable Me”, “Minions”, “The Secret Life of Pets” and “Sing” – all produced by Illumination Entertainment for Universal Pictures.