About the job
- Design sets and props which will be used as references by 3D departments such as Modeling and Layout.
- Accurately interpret 2D concepts from Production designer.
- Work closely with Art Director and Directors.
- Strong Artistic Skills in design, painting, perspective and composition.
- Advanced skills in Photoshop and Maya required.
Nice to have
- Background in art history and architecture.
- Experience in a animated feature film.
- French and/or English fluency is required.
- Good communication skills and ability to take notes and directions.
- Ability to work within a team, prioritize tasks and meet tight deadlines.
- Remote work can be considered.
- We favor European Union citizens or candidates with French work permit. Foreign candidates can be considered on a freelance basis.
Illumination Mac Guff, founded by Chris Meledandri in 2011, is one of the entertainment industry’s leading producers of event-animated films, including Despicable Me—the most successful animated franchise in cinematic history—as well as Dr. Seuss’ The Lorax, Dr. Seuss’ The Grinch and The Secret Life of Pets and Sing films. Illumination’s soon-to-be released The Super Mario Bros. Movie will join a studio library that includes two of the top 10 animated films of all time. Illumination’s iconic, beloved franchises—infused with memorable and distinct characters, global appeal and cultural relevance—have grossed more than $8 billion worldwide. Illumination has an exclusive financing and distribution partnership with Universal Pictures. Illumination’s upcoming films in 2023 include The Super Mario Bros. Movie and Migration.
Illumination Mac Guff is based in Paris and the Producer Illumination is located in Santa Monica