Duties and responsibilities
- The storyboard department produces the first version of the movie in drawings.
- Those drawings (or panels), once edited and dubbed as animatics, are used through production in order to plan the needs of all the shots that will constitute the film, both technical (framings, camera movements, special effects, etc…) and artistic (animation, sound recording, music, sets, matte paintings, etc…).
Qualifications and required skills
- At ease with character and environment drawings (realistic/cartoon drawings, mastering of perspective).
- Sense of narrative and notions of cinematography (be able to exploit staging, framing, composition, continuity editing, timing and all the key components of the scenes).
- Good understanding of the cinematographic vocabulary and of storytelling.
- Bring new and innovative ideas and approaches.
- Capacity to bring a character to life (poses, acting, meaningful emotions).
- Strong knowledge of Photoshop or storyboard software (ex: Toon Boom).
- Experience in animated feature films is a plus.
- Ability to work within a team, prioritize tasks and meet tight deadlines.
- Good communication skills and ability to take notes and directions.
- French and/or English knowledge is required
- Work permit in France required
We thank all applicants for their interest!