Duties and responsibilities
- Create background paintings and color keys that the surfacing and lighting departments will use as references.
- Might create color scripts.
- Work closely with art director, production designer and directors.
Qualifications and required skills
- Strong artistic skills in design, painting, perspective and composition.
- Advanced software skills in Photoshop
- Good communication skills and ability to take notes and direction
- Ability to work within a team, prioritize tasks and meet tight deadlines
- In-depth knowledge of lighting principles and balance
- Good understanding of volumes.
- Good understanding of cinematography and light staging.
- Understanding of layout and spacing.
- Background in art history
- French and/or English knowledge is required
- Traditional painting is a plus.
- Previous experience of feature films an asset
- Work permit in France required
- If possible, we would like you to select your best work and to include in your portfolio a variety of visuals both digital and traditional.
We thank all applicants for their interest!