Duties and responsibilities
- Work closely with the Character Surfacing Supervisor to develop the look and qualities of characters.
- Accurately interpret texture, shading and photo references from the Art Department, creating a balance between cartoon shapes and realistic look.
- Troubleshoots creative and technical issues as they arise.
Qualifications and required skills
- Experience in realistic Character rendering.
- A strong understanding of volumes, shapes modeling, shading and more broadly rendering engine.
- A basic knowledge of Maya and UV Layout.
- A strong knowledge of sculpt in Zbrush.
- Ability to quickly master custom in-house production tools.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively, to prioritize tasks and to meet tight deadlines.
- Experience of Character Surfacing in Animation, Visual effects and/or Game production is a plus.
- Knowledge of Substance Painter and Designer is a plus.
- French and/or English knowledge is required
- Work permit in France required
- We encourage you to put only your best work in your demo reel, it should be straight to the point, may include different stages of production (Turntables, Closeups, Movie snapshots), but with a focus mainly on the texturing, shading and rendering.
We thank all applicants for their interest!