Duties and responsibilities
- Responsible of the satisfactory functioning of the animation department, you will offer a technical support to the animators on a daily basis.
- Participation to all the animation rounds, check on animation work in progress. Reporting all problems occurring at this stage of production.
- Checking of “pre-anim” elements from rig and layout.
- Responsible for all “post-anim” elements for the following departments: animation fixing, CFX, VFX, lighting, editing.
- Supervise the technical animation department.
- Offering solutions to improve the process on challenging shots, to streamline the animation pipe.
- Listen and analyze the requests of directors, animation directors and lead animators regarding rig alterations, issues on complex shots and development requests.
Qualifications and required skills
- Thorough knowledge of Maya.
- Experience in character animation.
- Thorough understanding of rig and setup.
- Full Mastery of the animation films’ pipeline.
- Experience on animated feature films a plus.
- Experience as team supervisor a plus.
- French and conversational English knowledge is required.
- Must communicate well and be able to take notes and direction.
- Ability to work within a team, prioritize tasks and meet tight deadlines.
- Work permit in France is required.
- When applying, please tick the box "Animation"; as main skills and specify "Technical Animation Supervisor" as an additional information.
We thank all applicants for their interest!